Monday, April 19, 2010

Pixie hosts a gastronomical tour of the yard

Hello - my name is Pixie and today Bug is graciously allowing me to use her blog to take you on a gastronomical tour of our yard. Apparently it is very popular for humans to take photos of the food they eat and then blog about it. So Bug and I decided to give it a shot. We got the human to take the photos and then I told Bug that since I am the real chowhound around here, that I would take care of the post.

First stop - behind the crazy tree. This is where Bug and I dig for grubs. There are excellent grubs back here. Great source of protein.

Here we are in the center of the yard. This is the best location for finding rabbit crap or rabbit caviar as some call it.

I found some today and here I am eating it -- YUMMM

This is the side of the yard and is a good place to find tasty grass to graze on. You can often find fresh young shoots - these are magically delicious.

Don't be fooled by the beauty-ous-ness of these flowers. They are not good to eat. I keep trying but have to spit them out every time.

This is the back corner of the yard behind the shed and this is where we catch mice. Not really enough for a meal but they make a nice snack.

This right here is the apple tree and we have heard that it bloomed this year and we cannot wait to eat some apples. Bug knows how to pick them off the tree but I might just wait until they fall off and get kind of rotten. I like them that way.

This is Bug showing you the spot where last year we caught a rabbit. WE really are hoping to get another few of those this year.


In this photo Bug is showing you the neighbor's bamboo. It is a very invasive and fast growing plant. Sometimes it tries to grow in our yard and we dig it up and eat it.


And no gastronomical tour of the yard would be complete if I left out the deck. This is where we go to eat all the bird seed that the messy birds drop out of the feeder. This is also the place where I eat the actual birds too.

Maybe one day you can come visit us in our yard and enjoy some grass, rabbit crap, grubs, and even a bunny if you are lucky.

No comments: