Monday, December 22, 2008

I come from a line of very talented whippets!!!!

2008 was an awesome year for my whippet family. My relatives are very versatile and compete in events that range from straight and oval racing to lure coursing to agility to frisbee to flyball to obedience to couch potato-ing to hot dog eating contests (not really but Pixie made me put that one in here).

Many of my relatives earned their Canine Good Citizen (CGC) titles this year (including Pixie and me). This title shows what well-behaved and friendly whippets we are. We are proud of these titles. Since I got this particular title, I was allowed to volunteer at the nursing home. I sure had a good time visiting with the people there. I like to lick them on their noses and they seemed to enjoy it.

Now as far as other titles go - here is the rundown (in alphabetical order by name):

Cousin King - ORC and NOTRA meet winner, #3 at NOTRA National race meet

Cousin Luther - WRA meet winner

Cousin Martin - NOTRA meet winner

Dad Panther - SORC2, NOTRA National meet winner, NOTRA National Champion (#1), MX, MXJ, AKC Invitational

Uncle Pete – OJ, OA and NF

Grandpa Poet – MACH, AKC Invitational #9 out of 95 dogs, first whippet to reach the finals

Aunt Punky - SORC

Mom Rita - AKC FC

Uncle Shax - #10 WRA, WRA and NAWRA meet winner

Brother Spinner - JC
Aunt Lateeda - CGC

Cousin Trumpet - WRCh and ORC, #6 at NOTRA National race meet

Cousin Whistle - ORC and NOTRA meet winner

(please let me know if I forgot anyone or got any of this wrong)

No comments: