Sunday, May 9, 2010

Humans have this thing called Mother's Day

Pixie and I have big ears and we like to listen in on stuff our Mom says to other humans. We recently overheard her talking to her brother about this thing called Mother's Day. Apparently, on this day humans call their mothers and send them gifts. Often these gifts include some kind of treats for the mother. Pixie and I are not mothers but we have decided that we want some extra treats today.

So in honor of the fact that we really love our human Mom, we propose that this treat-giving idea for Mother's Day get expanded to involve the things that get mothered by the mothers. You see where we are going with this? Pixie says we should write to Hallmark and get them to change the rules surrounding this holiday. I told Pixie that nobody cares about Hallmark and we should just make a proclamation here on my blog. So here goes...



On this, the 9th day of May, 2010, Pixie and Ladybug Smith do hereby solemnly propose that the day that humans call Mother's Day:

  1. be expanded to include humans who mother canines
  2. be expanded in such a way that humans who mother canines give said canines extra treats
We would like to further state that we are not selfish and we fully intend to provide our Mom with lots of love and appreciation for the extra treats she gives us. She doesn't seem to really like the treats we bring her from outside and we don't have thumbs so we can't drive to the store and get her treats she likes. So instead of treats we give love.



OK, that should do it.


And by the way - we have the most awesome Mom ever. Here are a few photos of us with our Mom.

2 comments:

Yoda_the_Dog said...

My family has embraced #1 furever (probably because my human mom has no human children)but I think #2 is a great idea and I am jumping on your bandwagon. We found you through blog hop! I live in Furrginia too and mom has a great job working for Furrginia's State Parks. Are you on Facebook or Twitter?

houndstooth said...

I think this idea is brilliant! I am totally onboard with this!

Bunny